The Tuscaloosa Story
Boys & Girls Clubs of West Alabama, in partnership with Cadence Bank, is excited to participate in Lemonade Day Tuscaloosa!
Our youth need a mindset that equips them to recognize opportunity, take initiative and innovate in the face of challenges — in essence, to dream and achieve. Lemonade Day empowers youth to take ownership of their own lives and become productive members of society – the business leaders, social advocates, volunteers, and forward-thinking citizens of tomorrow.
While local Club members will have hands-on training to get ready for an in-Club Lemonade Day on Friday, July 29, all local youth have the opportunity to participate on Saturday, July 30. Simply download the FREE My Lemonade Day app on the App Store or Google Play and register as an official participant.
GIVING YOUTH THE TOOLS FOR SUCCESS
What do kids learn by participating in Lemonade Day?
- Capital Equipment
- Supply & Demand
- Credit, Debt, Gross & Net Income
- Marginal Utility
- Return on Investment
- Compound Interest
- Critical Thinking & Collaboration
- Interest in Attending College
- Civic Responisbility
- Customer Service
- Teamwork & Problem Solving
- Presentation Skills & Design
- Belief That Attaining Goals is Within Reach
- Personal Productivity
- Self-Direction & Time Management
- Social Responsibility & Charity
- High Order Thinking
- Social Skills & Self-Confidence
- Math Calculations
- Reading & Interpreting Data
- Oral & Written Communication